Okay, enough with the hand turkeys. There are plenty of other activities you can do for Thanksgiving.
Here are some ideas from Minds in Bloom:
- You can give your students Thanksgiving Analogies.
- You can ask them some fun Thanksgiving Would You Rather Questions.
- You can ask creative What Are You Thankful for Questions.
- Here are four Thanksgiving Brainteasers.
- Students could also make a Really Long List of things they are thankful for.
- Or you could do a Class Brainstorm with Post-Its.
- Before you pash the motatoes or pake the bie, you could try writing some Thanksgiving Spoonerisms.
- You could do a Pass It on Thanksgiving Story.
- You could practice thinking fluently and flexibly using Thanksgiving themes.
- And finally you could teach your students this great Thanksgiving song.