This game is perfect for the whole class and is great for this time of year, because your students will be moving most of the time.
Here is What You Need:
- One set of multiple choice task cards with enough cards so that each student can have one card
- Prize globes, plastic eggs, snack-sized storage container, or other fun container
- Signs for the answer choices (A, B, C, etc.)
Here is How to Set It Up:
- Designate a different section of the room for each answer choice and place a sign there as a reminder. These will be the Answer Stations.
- Put one task card in each container.
Here is How to Play:
- Distribute containers with cards inside.
- Have students chant: “5-4-3-2-1…Open for some task card fun!”
- Each student opens his or her task card, reads it silently, and walks to the correct Answer Station.
- At the Answer Stations, students trade cards with one other student to see if the other student agrees with their answer. Make sure students know it is okay to change Answer Stations at this point if they need to.
- Have students sit down and give a thumbs-up or do some other action to signify that they are ready to begin the next round.
To Begin a New Round
- Students put their cards back into the containers.
- Students leave the Answer Stations and mill about the room, swapping containers with other students. Each student should swap several times.
- Teacher rings a bell or gives some other signal. Students freeze wherever they are and once again chant: “5-4-3-2-1…Open for some task card fun!”
- Game continues until kids start to get repeat cards or you run out of time.