I am so very pleased to welcome Dr. Shari Beck of Teaching to Make a Difference to Minds in Bloom. Her in-depth post on developing algebraic thinking shows you exactly how to apply the standards to each elementary grade level.
- the concrete representation
- the verbal representation
- a representation by a table
- a representation by a graph
- a representation by an algebraic equation
As a reward for good behavior in class, the teacher hands out stickers. For each day that Ben is good, he earns two stickers. If Ben currently has four stickers, then how many more days must he have good behavior to have a total of 10 stickers?