Try these 15 creative book projects to spice up your reading program. These fun, hands-on projects will hold your students accountable for their reading and are sure to motivate even the most reluctant reader. Each engaging project includes a student handout explaining what to do and a grading rubric.
The handouts and rubrics are all formatted the same (with different borders and clip art), so what you see in the preview and thumbnails is exactly what you get.
Common Core Standards addressed are also included, written out by grade level for easy reference.
This product includes the following pages:
- Introduction page
- Common Core Standards
- Book in a Box Book Project
- Timeline Book Project
- Mobile Book Project
- Shoebox Diorama Book Project
- Collage Book Project
- Movie Poster Book Project
- Graphic Chapter Book Project
- Main Character Book Project
- Setting Book Project
- Scrapbook Book Project
- PowerPoint Book Project
- Glossary and Word Search Book Project
- Board Game Book Project
- Letter Exchange Book Project
- Create a Test Book Project
- Choice Boxes for all Projects
- Book Projects Notes (2 formats)
These are great for independent reading and reading workshop. Many teachers assign one project a month. You may also want to let your students select their own projects. You are sure to use these again and again for years to come!
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom.