- 32 Task Cards (prints 4 to a page)
- Recording Sheets
- Answer Keys
- Anchor Chart
- Google Slides
- Digital or Print
- Challenge Card to extend the lesson
- Audio Support
- Self-Checking or Short Answer
- Multiple versions of the recording sheet included
Great for 4th or 5th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
This resource is part of a money-saving bundle!
This bundle includes these resources:
NOTE: This resource uses American English and is not editable.
- Download our FREE Task Card Handbook to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource!
Here’s what teachers are saying:
✏️ “This resource is great for group work! My 5th graders loved discussing the task cards, and deciding together on the correct answer! Thank you!” -Linda C.
✏️ “My Students loved this activity and seemed to comprehend How to find context clues and some of the clues that helped them to find them. They had difficulty at first but soon caught on to the concept. Many had mastered Context Clues by the time we finished with the subject.” -Sherry F.
✏️ “Such an excellent tool for helping students better understand how to use context clues. We do just a few slides at a time during small intervention groups, and my students have really grasped the routine.” -Brittain H.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
- Inferences Task Card Bundle
- Sentence Fragments and Run-Ons Task Cards
- Following Directions Task Cards
Common Core Standards:
- CCSSL.4.4 – Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 4 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.
- CCSSL.4.4a – Use context (e.g., definitions, examples, or restatements in text) as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
- CCSSL.5.4 – Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 5 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.
- CCSSL.5.4a – Use context (e.g., cause/effect relationships and comparisons in text) as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on TpT.
- Join our Teachers Club.
- Check out our Blog www.Minds-in-Bloom.com
- Follow us on Social Media – Facebook or Instagram
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
About the Author
These passages were written by me, Rachel Lynette. I am a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. I have written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. These passages reflect more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom
There are no reviews yet.