- 24 Task Cards (prints 4 to a page)
- Recording Sheets
- Answer Keys
- Classroom Poster
- Google Slides
- Digital or Print
- Challenge Card to extend the lesson
- Audio Support
- Multiple versions of the recording sheet included
Great for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade!
This resource is part of a money-saving bundle!
This bundle includes these resources:
- Main Idea Task Cards
- Theme Task Cards
- Informational Text Structure Task Cards
- Summarizing Task Cards
- Cause and Effect Task Cards
- Compare and Contrast Task Cards
- Author’s Purpose Task Cards
- Making Inferences Set 1 Task Cards
- Making Inferences Set 2 Task Cards
- Making Informational Inferences Task Cards
- Sequencing Task Cards
- Character Traits Inferencing Task Cards
- Drawing Conclusions Task Cards
- Generalizations Task Cards
- Genre Task Cards
- Point of View Set 1 Task Cards
- Point of View Set 2 Task Cards
- Making Predictions Task Cards
- Questioning Task Cards
- Setting Task Cards
- Visualizing Text Task Cards
NOTE: This resource uses American English and is not editable.
The cards are divided into three sets of eight, one set for each of the three types of connection (text to self, text to text, and text to world). You will also find a Challenge Card that can be used in conjunction with any other card in the set, which asks students to make connections to media. Because text to text and especially text to world can be challenging, the cards have been created with stories specifically written to spark ideas.
- Download our FREE Task Card Handbook to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource!
Here’s what teachers are saying:
✏️ “I have an extremely active group this year that thrives from scaffolded, differentiated instruction/activities, so I knew this resource was perfect for my students. My reluctant learners seemed to do well with completing one task card at a time, instead of seeing ALL of the work ahead of them on a worksheet. I varied the number of task cards I assigned students based on practice they needed at the time.” -Sarah P.
✏️ “Great examples to use to teach making connections. I used these in small group instruction and students enjoyed responding to these task cards.” -Sarah H.
✏️ “My students use this as comprehension task cards for Reading Groups. The texts are great for their reading level and they love this activity!” -Cui Yean T.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
- Close Reading Passages & Questions
- Reading Response Task Cards
- Scavenger Hunts
- Close Reading Toolkit BUNDLE
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on TpT.
- Join our Teachers Club.
- Check out our Blog www.Minds-in-Bloom.com
- Follow us on Social Media – Facebook or Instagram
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
About the Author
Rachel Lynette is a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. She has written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. This resource reflects more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom