Use these 40 fluency task cards to help your students with their oral reading. Each card features an entertaining short passage for students to read out loud. The cards were written with varying sentence types and lengths, figurative language, and plenty of punctuation. The cards are split evenly between dialogue and narrative text. All of the odd-numbered cards feature a dialogue between two people. The even-numbered cards are written in a paragraph format.
These cards were made to be printed in color, but will print out fine in gray scale too. They should print out with even margins around the cards; however, because every printer is different, it is possible that you may need to adjust your printer settings. Selecting “actual size” or adjusting the size percentage should do the trick. Cut the cards apart using the dotted guidelines (discarding the bottom strip). Laminate if possible. Another option is to print on card stock.
Contents of this set include:
• Common Core Standards Addressed, Suggestions for Use
• A “Fluency Four” poster using the PARE acronym (punctuation, accuracy, rate, expression)
• “Fluency Four” reminder cards (smaller versions of the poster for individual reference)
• 40 Fluency Fun! task cards (half dialogue, half narrative text)
• One page of blank Fluency Fun Templates
• Cover card and three challenge cards to extend the learning
• Detailed student tracking sheet with PARE check off boxes
• Basic student tracking sheet
Common Core Standards addressed in this set:
Reading Foundational Skills Fluency Standards for grades 1-3:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.4: Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.4A Read grade-level text with purpose and understanding.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.4B Read grade-level prose and poetry orally with accuracy, appropriate rate, and expression on successive readings.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.4C Use context to confirm or self-correct word recognition and understanding, rereading as necessary.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom.