Use these 40 fluency task cards to help your students with their oral reading. Each card features an entertaining short passage for students to read out loud. The cards were written with varying sentence types and lengths, figurative language, and plenty of punctuation. The cards are split evenly between dialogue and narrative text. All of the odd-numbered cards feature a dialogue between two people. The even-numbered cards are written in a paragraph format.
These cards will look best in color, but will also print out fine in grayscale. Simply print and cut along the guidelines. Laminate and use them again and again. Alternatively, you could print on cardstock. It works well to keep them in a baggie. Another option is to hole-punch a corner of each card and put them all on a ring.
Contents of this set include:
• Common Core Standards Addressed, Suggestions for Use
• A “Fluency Four” poster using the PARE acronym (punctuation, accuracy, rate, expression)
• “Fluency Four” reminder cards (smaller versions of the poster for individual reference)
• 40 Fluency Fun! task cards (half dialogue, half narrative text)
• One page of blank Fluency Fun Templates
• Cover card and three challenge cards to extend the learning
• Detailed student tracking sheet with PARE check off boxes
• Basic student tracking sheet
Common Core Standards addressed in this set:
These cards address all Reading Foundational Skills Fluency Standards for grades 3-5:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.4: Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.4A Read grade-level text with purpose and understanding.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.4B Read grade-level prose and poetry orally with accuracy, appropriate rate, and expression on successive readings.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.4C Use context to confirm or self-correct word recognition and understanding, rereading as necessary.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom.