Several student answer sheets and answer keys are also provided along with a challenge card that can be used in conjunction with any other card to extend the activity. In addition, there are also three posters to help students remember each of the three suffix rules. These task cards are perfect for test prep and will work well at literacy centers, stations, for partner work, or with the whole class using a game like Scoot.
- 96 Task Cards – Color
- 96 Task Cards – Black & White
- 3 Posters/Anchor Charts – Color
- 3 Posters/Anchor Charts – Black & White
- 3 Google Slides Activities
- Challenge Cards
- Cover Cards
- Answer Keys
- Student Response Sheets
This product is also available in a money-saving Prefixes, Suffixes, and Roots Task Card Bundle
The cards will look best in color, but will also print out fine in grayscale. Simply print and cut along the guidelines. Laminate and use them again and again. Alternatively, you could print on cardstock. It works well to keep them in a baggie. Another option is to hole-punch a corner of each card and put them all on a ring.
Common Core Standards addressed in this set:
- L.3.2. Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.3.2.E: Use conventional spelling for high-frequency and other studied words and for adding suffixes to base words (e.g., sitting, smiled, cries, happiness).
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.3.2.F: Use spelling patterns and generalizations (e.g., word families, position-based spellings, syllable patterns, ending rules, meaningful word parts) in writing words.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
This product was brought to you happily by Rachel Lynette & Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom.