- While the goal of education is to shape young people into productive members of society (or something like that), right at this moment, they are still children, and children thrive on fun and actually need to play for healthy development.
- When children enjoy what they are doing, they are more engaged. They actually learn and remember more.
- Your own mental health: Taking everything seriously can make for a stressful and possibly somewhat unpleasant day. When your students are having fun, you probably are too!
- Creatively integrating music into your classroom
- Incorporating movement
- Adding a little drama to your classroom (the fun kind, not the scary kind!)
- Using props to make learning more fun
- And, of course, turning tasks into games.
A passionate teacher with a great sense of humor truly makes learning fun. The more you care about the curriculum and give yourself and the kids permission to laugh, the easier it will be to find the fun in teaching. Your classroom can be a place full of rigor, AND students can laugh the entire day. Playfulness is often a mark of serious learning.”
If you have a moment, please share how YOU incorporate fun into your classroom!