Here are 20 questions to help you and your students reflect on the school year. You could use these informally for discussion when you have a few minutes, or, for a more personal reflection experience, take a few of your favorites to use for a survey or as writing/journal prompts. There is also a list of reflection questions for teachers here.
PIN THIS PICTURE SO YOU’LL BE ABLE TO FIND THESE QUESTIONS LATER!
- What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?
- What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?
- What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?
- What was the most challenging part of this year for you?
- Where is your favorite place in our classroom (or school)? Why?
- If you could change one thing that happened this year, what would it be?
- What are three things you did this year to help your classmates?
- What are the three most important things you learned this year?
- What is something that was hard for you at the start of the year but is easy now?
- In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements?
- What is your favorite part of the day in our class? Why?
- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?
- Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?
- What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?
- What person at our school has made the biggest impact in your life this year? Why?
- What is something the teacher could have done to make this year better?
- What are six adjectives that best describe this school year?
- Knowing what you know now, if you could write a letter to yourself that would travel back in time so that you would receive it at the start of the school year, what advice would you give your younger self?
- When you consider the rest of your life, what percentage of what you learned this year do you think will be useful to you?
- What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?
Grab these 20 End of the Year Reflection Questions in Task Card Form! They’re FREE! Just click here!
Looking for more open-ended questions to ask your students? You can find 200 of them in easy-to-use card format right here.
I recently found out that Laura Candler of Corkbord Connections has posted this terrific freebie called School Year Reflections that could easily be used with the questions on this post. I just love those fluffy clouds! Hop on over to her site to download this fun printable!