Take your students on a nature walk!
It’s a beautiful day for a walk! When it starts warming up, don’t you (and your students!) just want to stay outside just a little bit longer? Why not let your students take a nature walk?!
You can download this free printable or digital scavenger hunt activity to make your outdoor time extra fun!
Nature Scavenger Hunt
- A flat rock
- A pinecone
- A leaf that is bigger than your palm
- A stick that has a “Y” shape
- A nut or a seed
- A small part of a fern
- Some moss
- Something hard that is not a rock
- Something sharp
- Something that a deer could eat
- Something soft
- A piece of grass longer than your finger
- A feather
- A thorn (be careful!)
- A leaf that an animal has chewed on
- A piece of trash
- Do not put these items in your bag. Instead, draw them.
18. Sit quietly for a few minutes. What do you hear (besides people)?