Each clue comes from solving problems about different math skills including:
* Place value
* Number forms
* Mixed Numbers & Decimals
* Adding Fractions (Common Denominators)
* Subtracting Fractions (Common Denominators)
* Adding Mixed Numbers
* Equivalent Fractions
* Adding Decimals
* Inverse Operations * Subtraction across Zeros (with decimals)
* Telling Time
* Multiplying multi-digit numbers by a 1-digit multiplier
* Simple DivisionThese skills are based on the standards that most teachers have taught through this point of the year. Of course, it may vary based on your campus scope and sequence. Skills that haven’t been taught are likely simple enough to learn with a quick lesson.
HOW DOES THIS MYSTERY ACTIVITY WORK?
There are 15 clues! Each clue is derived by completing a worksheet as a team. The team members will cut the clue into 4 mini-worksheets. They will each solve their problems and then find the clue from a key. Once they have collected their clues they will use logic to solve the mystery!
This activity is great for Halloween math fun! Make your festivities academic and foster collaboration with this low-prep, super fun math mystery activity!
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.