- 23 Reading Response Printables:
- My Book
- Main Character
- Thinking About the Main Character
- The Main Character and You
- Main Character Cinquain
- Character Chart
- Setting 1
- Setting 2
- Beginning – Middle – End
- Summary Boxes
- My Book ABCs
- About My Book
- Word Hunt 1
- Word Hunt 2
- New Words
- Interesting Words
- Word Pockets
- You Ask the Questions 1
- You Ask the Questions 2
- Think About It
- Book Review
Great for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
NOTE: This resource uses American English and is not editable.
- Can be used with almost any book
- Can be used at almost any point within the book – but were designed to be used at the end of the book. You could easily edit many of them to use at the end of a chapter.
- Can easily be incorporated into close reading
- Are great when you don’t have a literature guide or comprehension questions available.
- Can be used with independent readers or with a group.
- Can be used again and again, even within the same book.
- Include writing as well as opportunities to illustrate.
- Could possibly be used with older students, especially those who are struggling.
- Focus on: summarizing, characterization, plot, setting, creative thinking, critical thinking, and vocabulary
Here’s what teachers are saying:
✏️ “This type of stuff saves me. I am always stuck for reading activities. Now, when one of my students finishes their reading contract early I give them one of your literature activities to do.” -Katrina S.
✏️ “I use this set for my lower reading level kids. It’s a pretty good match-up to the upper elementary pack, so everyone is doing roughly the same kind of work.” -Holly H.
✏️ “I used these when I was out on maternity leave and they were the perfect way for me to know that my students were thoroughly doing a book study while I was away. Also, they facilitated great discussion about the book too.” -Serena G.
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on TpT.
- Join our Teachers Club.
- Check out our Blog www.Minds-in-Bloom.com
- Follow us on Social Media – Facebook or Instagram
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom.