- 12 printable full-page Task Card passages (with and without QR codes that link to audio support)
- 1/2 page Answer Choice Cards (These are separate to allow you to use the task cards flexibly.)
- Google Slides digital version: Multiple Choice (with audio support – quickly delete if you don’t want)
- Google Slide digital version: Plan and Write (with audio support – quickly delete if you don’t want)
- 3 different versions for student response sheets
This product helps students write summaries using the BME strategy: beginning, middle, and end. For the multiple choice questions, the students can use a chart to show whether each answer choice includes details from the beginning, middle, and end of the passage. When students write their summary from scratch, they can plan it on a BME chart as well. This resource is designed to simulate the common ways that students might see summary questions on high-stakes testing and help them learn to choose the best summary option.
Common Core Standards addressed in this set:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.4.2 and RI.5.2 Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize the text. CCSS.ELA-Literacy
RI.6.2 Determine a central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom