- 12 printable full-page Task Card passages (with and without QR codes that link to audio support)
- 1/2 page Answer Choice Cards (These are separate to allow you to use the task cards flexibly.)
- Google Slides digital version: Multiple Choice (with audio support – quickly delete if you don’t want)
- Google Slide digital version: Plan and Write (with audio support – quickly delete if you don’t want)
- 3 different versions for student response sheets
This product helps students write summaries using the BME strategy: beginning, middle, and end. For the multiple choice questions, the students can use a chart to show whether each answer choice includes details from the beginning, middle, and end of the passage. When students write their summary from scratch, they can plan it on a BME chart as well. This resource is designed to simulate the common ways that students might see summary questions on high-stakes testing and help them learn to choose the best summary option.
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE MORE DETAIL!
Common Core Standards addressed in this set:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.4.2 and RI.5.2 Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize the text. CCSS.ELA-Literacy
RI.6.2 Determine a central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom
There are no reviews yet.