- 9 animal-themed student pages
- 6 standards-based ELA/Reading activities, each in its own space.
- Answer Keys
- Google Slides – Fun Extras for Fast Finishers
- Digital or Print
- Puzzles to extend the lesson
Great for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade!
This resource is part of a !
This resource uses American English and is editable.
- Giant Pandas
- Frogs and Toads
- 6 standards-based ELA/Reading activities, each in its own space. Activities are numbered for easy reference.
- An open-ended bonus activity, marked by a star, at the bottom of the page to be completed on the backside. Perfect for early finishers, as homework, or extra credit.
- A short reading passage with one or two text-dependent questions. Most of the passages are informational text (written by a published author of over 100 nonfiction books for children), but a few are fictional – just to shake things up. The questions are more closely aligned to close reading than simple comprehension.
- A theme-based joke or fun fact (joke answers can be found upside down in the bottom right-hand corner).
- A list of the skills addressed at the bottom (indicated by a picture of a nail – which stands for “nailed it!”)
- A QR code that links to a Google Slides “fast finishers” activity.
✏️ “My Fabulous Fifth Graders Looove anything about Animals! This resource is a big hit with them! I love how they engage with so many necessary ELA skills!” -Amber S.
✏️ “This was just what I was looking for for morning bellwork!” -Cathy S.
✏️ “I have LOVED using these as morning work for my 3rd & 4th graders. They cover so many skills and my students enjoy doing them.” -Jackie L.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
- I ❤️ Reading – Reading Response Printables
- I ❤️ Paragraph Writing – Paragraph of the Week
- Close Reading Passage with Text Dependent Questions
- Close Reading Toolkit – Literature
- Close Reading Toolkit – Informational Text
- Brain Breaks
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media – or
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
About the Author
Rachel Lynette is a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. She has written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. This resource reflects more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom