This money-saving bundle includes eight sets of task cards (248 cards total) to help your students master punctuation and capitalization. Most of these sets are presented in a multiple-choice format, which makes them great for test prep and games like Scoot! They are also great for differentiating since different levels/formats of some of the skills are offered. Answer keys and student answer sheets are provided.
All of these task card sets include digital versions in Google Slides.
- Commas Task Cards Short Answer – Use these 24 Comma Task Cards for extra comma practice. Each card includes a specific comma rule, an example, and a short activity, which can be done on notebook paper.
- Commas Task Cards Multiple Choice – Use these 32 task cards to help reinforce comma use rules and to practice proofreading. These cards are meant to be used as practice after students have been taught comma rules. Please note that to help students avoid over-punctuating, few of the correct answers have no commas.
- Quotation Marks Task Cards Set 1 – Use these 32 multiple choice task cards to help reinforce quotation mark rules and to practice proofreading dialog.
- Quotation Marks Task Cards Set 2 – Quotation mark rules for dialogue can be tricky for students! Help them to practice their punctuation and proofreading skills with these 32 versatile task cards!
- Apostrophes Task Cards – Use these 32 apostrophe task cards with possessive and contractions to reinforce this important grammar skill.
- Capitalization Task Cards – Practice capitalization with these 32 task cards designed to help students practice capitalizing and proofreading. These cards are meant to be used as practice after students have been taught capitalization rules.
- Contractions Task Cards Set 1 – Practice making contractions with these 32 multiple-choice task cards!
- Contractions Task Cards Set 2 – Practice making contractions with these 32 multiple-choice task cards!
- Contractions & Possessives Boom Cards – This set of Boom Learning℠ Contractions and Possessive Boom cards is the perfect way to help your students master this tricky skill. Each card (or screen) features a sentence for students to fill in the blank with the correctly punctuated word. Next, the student must identify whether the word is a contraction or a possessive. Both parts must be correct in order for the student to move to the next card.
Great for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade!
✏️ “LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these task cards! They are aligned to standards and easy to incorporate into lessons as hooks, closures, or even interventions! Thank you!” -Room 170
✏️ “This resource has worked great for my in-persona and virtual kiddos. It goes well with reviews and independent practice for my lessons.” -Marina S.
✏️ “I used this resource in a center during my observation. It worked perfectly. It gave students the opportunity to practice the standard, as well as to discuss and prove their answers.” -Angie D.
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media – or
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
About the Author
Rachel Lynette is a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. She has written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. This resource reflects more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom