- 27 Task Cards (prints 4 to a page)
- Recording Sheets
- Google Slides
- Digital or Print
- Challenge Card to extend the lesson
- Multiple versions of the recording sheet included
Great for 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
This resource is part of a money-saving bundle!
This bundle includes these resources:
- Figurative Language Worksheets
- Figurative Language Multiple Choice Task Cards
- Figurative Language Posters
This resource uses American English and is editable.
- Download our to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource!
✏️ “Thorough enough to provide solid practice and short enough that students don’t lose interest. Your task cards are a great resource for a 6th grade teacher.” -Caroline A.
✏️ “I printed these cards off on card stock, laminated them, and put them on binder rings. Anytime I am absent, or need a quick lesson, I just have the scholars work on them in pairs. It is a super easy, super quick lesson and the scholars love.” -Sarah S.
✏️ “Love this product! It allowed students to practice figurative language with writing. I like that each type of figurative language had multiple cards with different instructions. I also liked that the cards included the definitions. I would definitely use these cards again.” -Imani V.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
Common Core Standards:
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.4.5 – Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.4.5a – Explain the meaning of simple similes and metaphors (e.g., as pretty as a picture) in context.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.4.5b – Recognize and explain the meaning of common idioms, adages, and proverbs.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.5.5 – Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.5.5a – Interpret figurative language, including similes and metaphors, in context.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.5.5b – Recognize and explain the meaning of common idioms, adages, and proverbs.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.6.5 – Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.6.5a – Interpret figures of speech (e.g., personification) in context.
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media – or
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
About the Author
Rachel Lynette is a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. She has written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. This resource reflects more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom
There are no reviews yet.