Each card features a short, curriculum-based, and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning. There are also answer keys. In addition, blackline versions of the cards are included for printing on colored paper.
This bundle includes 8 resources:
- Theme Task Cards: Theme is a tricky skill to master, but this resource can make teaching theme easier for you and learning it easier for your students!
- Making Inferences Task Cards: Making Inferences is an important reading skill, and these inferencing task cards and digital activities can help!
- Informational Text Structures Task Cards: These 32 Informational text structures task cards are designed to help your students practice identifying five different non-fiction text structures: description, sequence (sometimes called chronological), compare and contrast, cause and effect, and problem and solution.
- Main Idea Task Cards: Master Main Idea with these task cards! Build student confidence with this engaging and differentiated resource!
- Summarizing Task Cards: Summarizing nonfiction texts can be so hard for students! Give them lots of practice with these 24 informational task cards! Use in a print or digital format!
- Cause & Effect Task Cards: These cause and effect task cards are perfect for teaching this complex skill! Cause and effect graphic organizers, audio support, and recording sheet options are great for differentiation!
- Compare & Contrast Task Cards: 27 compare and contrast task cards with short passages – These are great for encouraging students to use their critical thinking skills and strengthening their reading comprehension!
- Author’s Purpose Task Cards: Author’s purpose is a critical reading skill, and these authors purpose task cards are here to help with your lessons!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE EACH RESOURCE IN GREATER DETAIL!
Great for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade!
Here’s what teachers are saying:
✏️ “Wish I had found these earlier. They would have been great preparation for our state testing Will definately use them all year long next school term.” -Crystal C.
✏️ “I’ve used these task cards in person and they’ve been amazing. The update to the digital format has been extremely helpful to use online! They can be presented to students or students can type/write directly on them virtually. Thank you for the great resource!” -Mariel Q.
✏️ “I loved this bundle for my class! I used it for our Daily 5 stations as our “Word Work” section, since 3rd/4th begins to move away from the specifics of phonics at the end of the year. My students loved the pictures to help them remember the different skills and comprehension strategies. I plan on using it again this year with my class!” -Victoria B.
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on TpT.
- Join our Teachers Club.
- Check out our Blog www.Minds-in-Bloom.com
- Follow us on Social Media – Facebook or Instagram
About the Author
Rachel Lynette is a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. She has written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. This resource reflects more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom