Getting to Know You!
One of the best ways to get to know your students is to ask questions.
But of course, they need to be the right questions.
Aim for open-ended, intriguing questions that will get your students to think deeply if you are using them as writing prompts and to interact if you are using them as discussion prompts.
Here are twenty good ones to get your started. You might be surprised at what you will learn!
Just Press Pause!
Randomly Choose A Question!
- At what age is a person an adult? Why do you think so?
- If could change one rule that your family has, what would you change?
- What is something that makes your family special?
- Of all the things you are learning, what do you think will be the most useful when you are an adult?
- Are you a good friend? Why do you think so?
- How would the world be different if animals could talk?
- Would you cheat on a test if you knew you would not get caught? Why or why not?
- If you could grow up to be famous, what would you want to be famous for?
- If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
- What is the best gift you have ever given? Why was it so special?
- What is the hardest thing about being a kid?
- If you were a teacher, and the kids in your class would not listen to you, what would you do?
- Where is your favorite place in the world?
- If you could give one gift to every single child in the world, what gift would you give?
- If you could travel back in time three years and visit your younger self, what advice would you give yourself?
- What five words do you think most describe you?
- If you could invent something that would make life easier for people, what would you invent?
- When was a time that you felt lucky?
- What do you think would be the hardest thing about being blind?
- If you could make one rule that everyone in the world had to follow, what rule would you make? Why?
BUNDLE – Writing Prompts Task Card – 764 Cards – including Would You RatherAdd to cart
Early Finishers Task Cards for Fast Finishers$5.98 Add to cart
Writing Prompts – 200 Question Cards for Discussion and Journals$3.98 Add to cart
Would You Rather Questions – 204 Cards – Print & Digital – Similar to This or That$5.98 Add to cart