These 32 short story drawing conclusions task cards are a great way to practice inferencing, which can be one of the trickier reading strategies.
- 32 Task Cards (prints 4 to a page)
- Recording Sheets
- Answer Keys
- 2 Google Slides Versions (Multiple Choice & Short Answer)
- Digital or Print
- Challenge Card to extend the lesson
- Audio Support
- Self-Checking or Short Answer
- Multiple versions of the recording sheet included
Great for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade!
This resource is part of a money-saving bundle!
This resource uses American English and is editable.
- Download our to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource!
✏️ “Brilliant. Just what I needed to use with games and my students are loving using the cards. Thank you.” -Josephine L.
✏️ “I used these cards to have groups compete with each other. I loved listening to the discussions they had. It made for a great activity to practice skills for our upcoming test.” -Connie T.
✏️ “These task cards are easy to use and a great educational use of extra time. I am also going to mix them in with my reading block. Thanks!” -Sara S.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
- Close Reading Passages & Questions
- Reading Response Task Cards
- Scavenger Hunts
- Close Reading Toolkit BUNDLE
Common Core Standards:
- CCSSRL.4.1 – Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- CCSSRL.5.1 – Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media – or
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
About the Author
Rachel Lynette is a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. She has written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. This resource reflects more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom